Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kids say the darn-dest things...and husbands do too!

Just in the last week I have heard all 3 of my boys say really cute or funny things. I kept thinking to myself that I needed to write it down so I didn't forget this fun time in our lives.
A couple of nights ago, I was intently working on a sewing project (making the boys bedspreads) and Jason, Dallin and Thatcher were running through the rooms playing some sort of wrestle, tag, shoot each other with Nerf guns game as they jumped off the stairs and the couch. They were having a blast! Suddenly Jason turned to me and said "Do you realize if we had 2 girls instead of 2 boys I would be playing BARBIES instead of this?!?!" We both just burst out laughing. I had to remind him though that quite possibly some time in his life he would need to be able to play barbies too.


During that same game, Jason tried to tone it down a little and started a shooting game at the front door to see who could be more accurate. "Ok Dallin, see that little hole? We are going to shoot the peep hole," Jason said. To which, Dallin became all distressed and cried "Nooooooo! Mommy said I can't shoot people!"


And last but not least, a couple days ago, we had some friends over. The kids where having a grand time playing while me and my friend worked on sewing projects at the kitchen table. Thatcher was starting to become very tired and so I took him upstairs to lay him down for a nap. We sat in the rocking chair for awhile and tried to read some books together, but Thatcher did NOT want to lay down. He was squirming all over and crying to go downstairs. He tried every tactic from physically trying to maneuver and get off my lap, to begging, to asking kindly with all sorts of "please and thank you's" and finally he just looked up at me and in his little, almost 2 year old voice, demanded "BE FAIR, MOMMY! BE FAIR! I didn't even know he knew those words, it was really funny. And just because it was so cute and so smart of him.....I let him go back down stairs. :)

2 comments:

Dizzy Kate said...

I've looked at your blog a few times to see if you would post about Christmas. I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas! Too bad we didn't make it to the Thanksgiving get together. Hopefully next year.

My girls have never played with barbies and they rarely ever pick up a doll. They would much rather play horse or wrestling with their daddy too. Your boys are so cute and say some funny things.

I hope are having a wonderful New Year and that this year will bring much happiness to you and your family.

K said...

All the grandsons got those reactor nerf guns from my parents for Christmas (given at the Christmas party). The whole house turned into a TOTAL WAR ZONE. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! Although my mom's nerves were a little on edge.