Saturday, January 3, 2009

This and that and a Thanksgiving update

Today is a monumental day for me. It was the first day that I woke up (in about a month) when I didn't have a sore throat. I went to the doctor yesterday thinking, "Surely I had strep" I mean, come on....how does the average cold/sore throat last over a month? But, actually the doctor told me that I have a sinus infection and it was dripping down my throat (yummy) and making my throat raw. Anyway, after 1 day on meds....waking up was a whole different experience for me. :) Kind of nice, actually.

One more thing before I move on to something actually worth reading....you know how the doctors are always telling you to finish the prescription even though you start feeling better? Well, the last winter, when I was taking meds to get over bronchitis I decided that this time I was going to finish off the prescription. About a week later my tongue started hurting so bad. It was really weird. Not just when I was eating, but talking and just moving my tongue in general hurt really bad. After a couple days, my tongue started getting white stuff on it. I kept putting off calling the doctor because ...how do you call the doctor and make an appointment because you have pain....in your tongue. Just sounds a little strange you know, but finally I did and it turns out that taking all the medication killed off all the good bacteria too....and so I developed thrush. Hmmm, interesting huh? I don't think I will finish a prescription again...ever.

OK now onto the good stuff with pictures. Well, Happy New Year Everyone!!!! I guess I need to start back and blog about Thanksgiving.... :)
For Thanksgiving we flew to AZ to visit Jason's family and had a blast. We stayed at his brother's house and they have 4 kids and so it really was on long party week. We had a week long family reunion but didn't go anywhere. We ate all our meals together with all of Jason's immediate family, which included his parents, 4 other married siblings and their kids and 2 other siblings still at home (29 total), had day and night activities all week long. It was so much fun!!! Here were some of the highlights:

Picnics in the park, rappelling at Coon's bluff, having a nasty, hairy tarantula about as big as my hand crawl out from the bushes and right between 2 of our camp chairs while we were sitting there chatting, tie dying T-shirts, everyone wearing them to Castles and Coasters, group date night, and of course the favorite family talent show. It really was so much fun and the week went by really fast!

Unfortunately the only picture that I have is the one above. :) I will have to email Amber and ask her to send me some of hers.


That's all for now folks!

1 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh, as the wife of a pharmacist, I advise you to watch who you talk to about your pact to never finish antibiotics again. Sheldon would give you an earful, I'm sure, about the dangers of NOT finishing :) He gives me earfuls all the time about acually taking something for my ailments. I hate medicine.