Jason and I have often talked about "what is the right age for us to start being more discrete when going to the bathroom in front of our children." You know, because there are times when your kids are so little that for a mom to go into the bathroom and shut the door inflicts feelings of panic so significant you might as well have dropped your child off in a foreign land all alone. So we instigated the "open door policy". Sure kids, come on in! Play on the floor, check out what's in the cupboards, throw pieces of cheese in the tub....but don't mind me, I'll just be sittin' over here in the corner mindin' my own business.
So a year or two may pass....and somehow the open door policy has remained....until you hear a little conversation like this:
Daddy: Come on Dallin lets put your big boy underwear on.
Dallin: NNNNNooooooooo, I want to wear a diaper.
Daddy: What?! You don't want to wear a diaper! You want to be a big boy. Does Daddy wear diapers?
Dallin: No....
Daddy: Does Mommy wear diapers?
Dallin: YES! Mommy wears tiny diapers!!!
That's it!
Time to be discreet.

6 comments:
Jen - I had a similar thing happen lately that cannot be shared publicly just like this. We are finding the same thing over here at the Matthews' house. Time for some "piracy" as Preston calls it:) We missed you at aerobics today.
Hilarious! I'm pretty sure my kids are still oblivious to everything. One day it wiil hot, I'm sure.
Jen Pidcock! This is Katie (Elde) from highschool. Got to love the internet, one blog led to another and I found yours! It's been awhile since we've talked so Congrats on everything: Husband, kids, life! You're family is adorable. Keep in touch.
My blog is:
http://barrettandkatiehilton.blogspot.com/
Or email me: barrettandkatie@gmail.com
That is funny! Hunter and my mom have one of those same experiences. They were checking out at the grocery store and she was getting some things and Hunter, being probably 2 or so, says, "Those are my mommy's diapers!" It was really funny. Kids are funny.
heee haaa Thank you for making me laugh today! Oh the joys of motherhood! I remember the day that a friend and I were just enjoying a conversation in the family room when out of the corner of my eye I realized that my son was "ice skating" all over the kitchen. He had found the coolest stickers that fit on the bottom of his feet and made sliding so much more fun. :) Womanhood!
That is hilarious!! And Oh So True!! We have the bathtub thing going too. My mom says it never really ends since even now as adults we go find mom in the tub if we need to talk to her. Hey, she's a captive audience and not going any where, perfect opportunity, right? Now that I'm on the other end I understand what she was saying. Just a little privacy would be nice!!!!
Post a Comment