Well the sun decided to peak out today just after lunch and so we all grabbed our jackets jumped in the wagon and ran down to the park. Thatcher learned how to go down the slide by himself and he thought that was pretty fun.
Quick Story:
Last Sunday after dinner we decided to go for a walk and explore our new neighborhood. It was a brisk evening and so we bundled up with heavy coats, hats and gloves before venturing out. We had just barely walked about 3 blocks away when Dallin started hopping up and down and declaring he had to go potty. I didn't think his little bladder would make it the 3 blocks home and so I ran him over behind a tree in the park, dropped his pants to his ankles and "let 'er fly." After all, it was dusk and Jason stood guard a little ways off. Secretly, I think Jason was embarressed because when I mentioned to him to "just run Dallin over behind the tree and let him go..." he looked at me like I was coo-coo in the head. He was perfectly happy to stand guard 1/4 mile away, if you know what I mean.
Flashback to today:
So this afternoon, I was by the slides helping Thatcher, when I happen to glance over at Dallin who was happily running through the trees with another 4 yr old that we had just barely met. Dallin was standing out in the middle of the grass, pants down to his ankles "lettin' 'er fly". The other lady that was there was trying not to watch. I could tell she wanted to gather up her son and head in a different direction. I ran over to Dallin and helped him get his pants up all the while exclaiming loudly,
"Dallin, what are you doing?!?! We don't go potty at the park" but in his ear I was whispering "At least not in the daytime while other people are watching."
I walked back to the slide area where Thatcher was waiting for me. I smiled at the other mother and just shrugged like "Crazy kid, where did he EVER get an idea like that?!?!"
Mental note: Teach 3 yr old to be discreet when peeing in public.

5 comments:
So funny. Caden does that too. I really think it is a boy thing. When they gotta go...they gotta go.
Weather here has been great. I had to laugh seeing you in your coats, and hats. I definintely don't envy you guys!
So funny! Boys and their peeing! If it wasn't you who taught him, some other kid would have. My favorite story is this, though...
True story from our friend...
The Dad was working outside and apparently didn't have "time" to go inside to go. So he did it in the corner of their lot. Well, the next day the whole family is playing outside and the 4 year old *daughter* pulls her pants down and goes!! She's confused, of course, that she's soaking now and says "well, Daddy does it!"
I'm happy I have a blog now so I can comment on yours :)
Don't worry Jen. I have a neighbor boy that loves to pee in my backyard. It mortifies his mom but I think it's rather funny.
That was one of the funniest stories ever. You just made me realize why I will not have Preston tinkle outside. Otherwise I think he would never go in the toilet again!
That was the funniest story. Hee! Hee! My girls are use to going to the bathroom in the middle of farm fields. Brian has mastered the art of how to hold them so it doesn't get everywhere. I don't even think I have that down yet.
Post a Comment