Monday, January 21, 2008

My Mother Always Said..."Never wear underwear with a hole in it!"

That's right! After all, you never know when you could be in a car accident and the EMT would have to cut your pants off....there you would be wearing underwear with a hole in it. Totally. Humiliated.

Now as an adult, I have thought long and hard about this little goody and I have to say that I completely agree with my mother's logic. You just never know when something like that is going to happen and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Now, my dilemma is this: Two days ago I was washing a load of whites and when I went to throw the freshly bleached load into the dryer, I noticed that a pair of Dallin's navy blue skivvies had somehow gone through the load as well....they came out looking like this...

(I wasn't sure how he would feel in a few years about me posting a picture of his new tie dyed pink underwear for all the free-world to oogle over, so this visual aid will have to do.)
I know I could talk him into wearing them. Yes, at age 3, I could make pink tie dye underwear sound almost as cool as Lightning McQueen, but am I running the risk of:
1. Giving him a complex that he will have to deal with later in life.
2. Getting a comment from an EMT like..."Whoa this Mother has her poor son wearing pink tie dyed underwear!"
I just don't know....is "wearing pink tie dye" in the same category as "wearing underwear with a hole in it?"
What do you think?



0 comments: