Thursday, May 4th
Day 4
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: chicken nuggets (I think I had leftovers)
Dinner: Bow tie pasta w/ cheese, bacon and broccoli
Friday, May 5th
Day 5 - Happy Cinco de Mayo - and Happy Birthday to my big brother!
Breakfast: cereal (what will we do when the cereal runs out?!?)
Lunch: Nachos
Dinner: Taco salad (I bought 2 very large bags of tortilla chips from Costco on April 31st!)
*Also, I stretched my taco meat by only using half the amount and then I added in 1 cup of wheat berries. It tasted great and the best part is that Dallin and Thatcher didn't even notice anything was added or missing.
Today I started feeling pretty smug about myself, thinking that I can do a whole month....no problem. I should probably stop thinking like that because that's when things will get really hard. :)
Anyway, the wheat bread I made earlier this week didn't turn out well. It's amazing to me that I have been making bread for about 4 years now and every once in awhile I still get loaves that don't turn out. I remember that I made bread every week or every other week for a YEAR before I got a loaf that didn't fall in the oven! That is probably why I am not using the bread for sandwiches this week, but just as toast and bread/butter at dinner time. As we do our little experiment I have realized what a blessing to be able to make bread. You can add so much to a meal by having a loaf of wheat bread, french bread, rolls or even sour dough.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Food storage: Day 4 and 5
Posted by Jen Olson at 9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment