For the past year, Jason has been researching boats and watching Craigs list. Last spring he started ground on creating his own company called Wakeshares (basically ski boat time shares but for really nice ski boats. :) And when that didn't happen he has been dying to get his own boat. All along I was firm on...."No, we are not getting a boat. Our kids are too little and we don't have a permanent place to live yet." Nevertheless, Jason was persistant in finding something that would work for us. He became so obsessed that every other word out of his mouth (for the past 6 months) was either: boat or wakeboarding.
I do have to admit that on especially sunny days as we would pass the Lake as we drove in that car I would think to myself, "It would be so fun to have a boat!" But, then I would remind myself..."Get a grip girl, do not let your guard down for 1 minute."
Well, it happened a couple weeks ago that Jason found this little gem of a ski boat.....in San Francisco. He sent his brother Jeremy to look at it with a check list of about 50+ things to look at. Jeremy and his family took the boat out on the water, drove it around and gave Jason a big thumbs up. It was then that I had a moment of weakness. After talking to Jeremy, seeing all the pictures they took that I said...."Hmmm, it is kindof a cute boat......" Jason looked at me and was ever so hopeful. "OH, ALRIGHT! You better call the guy right NOW and make a deal before I change my mind in the next 5 minutes." Which he promptly did....and voile! We had ourselves a boat. The only problem was that we were here and the boat was in California. Minor details. Jason spent the next 4 days driving down to get the boat and back home. Crazy boy.
But, I do have to admit. We are LOVING it! The only thing I can say about my moment of weakness was "WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG!"
This is our first evening out on Lake Sammamish. And this is what I loved so much about having a boat growing up. We were always eating pizza on the boat and after we would each take a couple ski rides. Now the legacy lives on. :)
I always thought the kids were too little to enjoy being in the boat and out on the water but they are really loving it. And they get braver and braver every time we go out....which is everyday the sun in shining....no joke!

6 comments:
Now you've got my husband wishing I felt like you! We have a boat. His stepdad gave it to us a few years ago. I do love when we are out on the boat, but we have to travel over an hour to the nearest lake and one of our kids absolutely hates it. With 4 kids so young, we don't feel confident in taking care of them on the boat while one of us is in the water.
Last year we went to Flaming Gorge with 2 other families and that was perfect. Our kids could play on the beach and come on the boat when they wanted. There were two other sets of parents to help us out.
So that's my hesitation on our boat. S wishes I was dying to go out every chance we have. He is a bit of a waterskiing freak!
You are so lucky to have Sammammish so close. Your pictures are so inviting. Congratulations and enjoy your new toy!!
Congratulations Jen! I wish we had a boat too, but my husband is not a boat person. My parents live on Lake Washington for Pete's Sake but there boat is always in the shop. I envy your fun! Enjoy it, and well hey...some of us like boats too hint, hint. :O)
You're a much nicer wife than I, Jen. I'll be expecting video with your amazing talents posted soon!
That looks so much fun. What a great way to make fun family memories.
Jason - Hey buddy! It's Dusty Heal. Long time no see. My wife was looking at Shawn and Crystal's blog and I saw your name. Then I saw that you live in Washington... We just moved up here in April with my job. We live in the Renton Highlands. Shoot me an email - we'll have to catch up. dustyheal@hotmail.com
So cool! What a great way to create memories with the family!
Post a Comment