So, I hate to always be writing potty stories on my blog, but it just happens that those are the funny or trying stories that my life is filled with at the moment. And that's exactly what I have to keep reminding myself.....this is just a small moment in time.
"This too shall pass!"
I can tell all of you right now, that letting Dallin think that (just 1 time) going pee pee outside was okay. Because now Dallin makes a special effort, whenever he needs to go potty, to go outside and find a bush or a tree to pee on. And sometimes he doesn't doesn't even have the modesty to find a bush or a tree.
The other day Dallin was paying outside with 2 other neighbor boys and I was putting Thatcher's crib together in his room. I had the window open so I could hear the boys, when suddenly my ears perked because I heard Dallin say, "I need to go potty!" I ran to the window and said, "Dallin come on home and I will meet you at the door and take you potty." I went downstairs and opened the door but Dallin was nowhere to be found. I walked down the front steps and out to the street. Hmmm. ...no Dallin. Then I turned and started walked back up to the house. He had run down the driveway along the side of the house and was standing there, pants down to his ankles and was "lettin' it fly!" While his two friends stood a few feet away and laughed and pointed out his "nekedness." Yikes....
Well, it gets worse, that was on Friday. On Saturday, Jason and I were upstairs when Dallin came up and said he went poo poo outside. What?!?!? We have childproof doorknobs and everything. "Show us!" we said. Not really believing....or maybe it was just some serious hoping. But, sure enough he went poo poo.....on the front porch! When we asked him "Why he would go poo poo outside?" He excitedly explained that he went poo poo on the grass like a doggy.
On Sunday, we had just gotten home from church when I sent the kids in the backyard while I made dinner. A few minutes later Dallin came into view of the kitchen window struggling with the button on his pants. I ran to the screen door, "Hurry, hurry Dallin lets go pee pee on the potty!"
"NOooooooo.....I already went" he said.
Of course he did. Wow 3 days in a row. Lucky Me! :)
Today is Monday and so far there have been no outside potty episodes. I will cross my fingers that we break the cycle. Maybe you could cross yours as well!

6 comments:
Good luck with that Jen. This is where having three girls comes in handy. Although I'm sure my three year old would try. I have caught the neighbor boy peeing in my yard a time or two. Pretty funny.
I was laughing out loud. That is hilarious (probably not to you though.) I can see my two year old going outside. She is a girl, but I don't think she cares one bit. Dalling is so cute.
That is such a funny mom story Jen. I think the only reason I haven't had a similar experience is that I never let it happen the first time with my boys or they would've been peein all over the neighborhood! We just started a blog, so I remembered yours and love it. Your boys are so cute. I'll send you an invite to ours.
Jen that is so funny! He is so cute, despite his potty-antics. Hope you guys are doing well!!
Hello Olson's! What cute kids! Sorry to say, but the peeing in the yard thing might not go right away. My 6 year old still does it occasionally in the FRONT yard for all to see. Makes me glad I only have one boy!
Stop by our blog sometime, I'm not that good at keeping up, but I try. www.thesandjsmith5.blogspot.com
Are you still alive? Where did you go?
Hope you are having a fantastic summer!
Post a Comment